Friday 27 December 2013

Mini Stars!

Hello everyone!

Christmas has now been and gone; can you believe it? 
I was very lucky, and I'm so pleased with what I've got. I hope you all had lovely Christmas' and received lots of lovely things. 

Onto the nails!! 
I didn't get a whole lot of nail stuff for Christmas, but I got a few bits. 
The colours in my nail design for today are OPI 'The Thrill of Brazil' and a white polish, with glitter you sprinkle on, by a brand called Lumiere. I really am loving red colours at the moment, it's probably due to the time of year! I have also found that the OPI colour I have used is similar to a colour by China Glaze called 'Red Satin'. 


You will notice that there are little black stars! These are from a nail set called 'The Nail Clash Compleye Collection' by Seventeen; it was a Christmas present also. It has lots of nail art things like stickers, foils, gems, nail art pens, a few tools and some nail polish. I shall do a blog post about this within the next couple of weeks! 


I must say, this red was lovely to apply, and it is quite opaque after first coat. I was relieved to see it wasn't a watery colour that takes like 3 coats! I'm very impressed. The square brushes in a lot of these OPI polishes are really helpful as well. 


Here's a close up of the glittery nail. I promise it's shiny and glitzy!!! 
If you've ever seen things like caviar and fuzzy nail kits, then you'll be familiar with this type of thing. It comes with a little container of glitter that you either dip your nail into, or sprinkle on, when the polish is still wet (it will stick then!) 
These kits can be a bit fiddly and annoying, but if you wait for it to dry and then put a top coat on, it should last longer and look a bit better. 

So that's it! You have all the details about today's manicure. 
I am improving slowly, and I'm trying to get my nails into a square shape. 
Also, since using OPI Original Nail Envy (I put it under every manicure), I haven't had any nail chips or breakages! I'm so pleased :-) 

Anyway, enjoy the last few days of 2013. I'm looking forward to the new year and all of the exciting things it will bring. 
Word of warning: I may post a sentimental and heartfelt post on New Years Day just sharing my thoughts on the year just gone, and what is yet to come! 

Take care, share my blog with your friends and I'll see you in the next post!

Amy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment