Tuesday 24 December 2013

Models OWN // Part 3 // Christmas!

Hello guys, Merry Christmas Eve!

Today is the final Models OWN polish series until I buy more of them. I have tried this in with my Christmas nail design, which I'm so excited to show you. 

Apart from my poor glitter polish application, it went well! I do however, think I need a new top coat. I've been using Sally Hansens Insta-Dri, but it's over half used and is getting a bit gloopy. I've seen other nail bloggers using Seche Vite, and I think I might search the internet for a cheaper price. 
Anyway, here is the first photo of all my nails (minus the thumb).


I have used Scarlett Sparkle by Models OWN and This is Tree-Mendous by China Glaze. They are both gorgeous glitter polishes that have colour in them so you don't need to put one underneath. For the stripes, I was going to use some striping tape, but it wouldn't stick to my nail so I had to do it free-hand with an Avon nail art brush. I'm rather happy with the outcome! (Yes, I managed to do my other hand pretty much the same!!)
Both of the polishes are pretty smooth to apply. The Scarlett Sparkle is really quite opaque during the first coat, but This is Tree-Mendous, needs at least two to look good. I highly recommend them both. 
Right, here are the last two photos. 

A close up of my thumb nail, which I found a tutorial for. 


I think it's adorable :-) 
And here is a photo of the stripes close up.


I use my iPhone camera, it's pretty decent, but I may resort to my other camera for the macro shots! 

Well, thanks for reading! I hope it got you feeling a bit more festive. 
I'm enjoying this blog stuff quite a bit! 

Until next time, have a great Christmas! 
I will be trying to do one or two posts a week (depending on the state of my nails!!) 

Amy :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment